Lifetime Athletic Laguna Niguel, CA
This is my first is a series of gym reviews… be ready to be blown away by Lifetime Fitness! First off, I just want to point out that this athletic facility is 3 stories and 128,000 square feet. I still cannot wrap my head around the sheer size of this club.
Lifetime Athletic Laguna Niguel is located at 25600 Rancho Niguel Road, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677 (in case you can drop by and check it out for yourself!) Note to anyone who ends up being as impressed as I was by this club… this is a chain and there are facilities in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Canada. So there’s plenty to go around…
The club is located right at the end of the 73 toll road South. You drive into the parking lot, which has a LARGE parking deck right out front. Walking into the club you are greeted by several females all looking to help you direct you or check you in. The energy is very positive and uplifting in the club. And while I was there, I had several people come up to me just to chat. Everyone was very friendly!
Amenities upon Amenities
You would not believe all the things available to utilize in this facility. I am going to list them for you with a picture (from their site) as to not go on and on about something as irrelevant as the trash receptacles.
- LifeCafe – This is a cafe right inside the doors, that sells a variety of foods that can be eaten inside the cafe or can be served to you outside by the pool (country club style). They serve wild-caught fish, hormone free meats, organic shakes, organic eggs, and have gluten free bread options! They also claim to be free of artificial flavors, preservatives, colors, artificial sweeteners, trans fats, and bleached flour. Not many places can tout this. Quite impressive to be this healthy, since I always say FITNESS is a majority diet related.
- LifeSpa – A full sized spa, yep. They specialize in body work (massage), hair care, nail care, and skin care (aesthetic and medical care including facials, peels, waxing, eyelash extensions, Botox, and laser therapies).
- LifeClinic – This amenity offers Chiropractic care and rehabilitation services, including personal training. A must have for those with interest in optimal performance and health.
- Fitness Studios – Any good gym usually includes fitness classes, including yoga and spin.
- Indoor/outdoor swimming – This place has an indoor lap pool, with 5 lanes. Alongside the pool is a large sauna room. There are also 2 outdoor swimming areas. One which is used for group water aerobics classes, complete with outdoor music and instructor. And a GIANT kids pool, complete with water slides. You could spend the entire day lounging and swimming after your gym session and have the LifeCafe deliver you lunch.
- Locker Rooms – The locker rooms are also country-club-esque. I can only speak about the women’s specifically. It is fully stocked with clean towels, lockers, blow dryers, hair brushes, disposable razors, cotton swabs, mouth wash… Brand new showers with doors. The area also includes a large steam room, a large jacuzzi, and an electronic scale. Family locker rooms are also available with private changing rooms.
- Basketball Courts – Two full sized basketball courts, with a league to boot.
- Kids Academy – While you work out or use any of the other amenities, you can drop your kids (ages 3 months to 11 years) off at the Kids Academy for up to 3 hours. During this program, your kids can take part in educational activities with other children.
Lifetime Athletic also offers many different programs in the facility that you can take advantage of. There are running and cycling groups you can join. There are personal trainers for hire and a pilates studio with reformers (for individual class purchase). There is also a My Health Check program where you are screened for your health and fitness status. Experience Life magazine is also available. Check out their website for more information and club hours at Lifetime Athletic.
They do not give up this information on their website (which I must admit I do not like). Instead you have to fill out your information in an online form, letting them know what you are looking for. Then someone contacts you and tries to convince you how you cannot live without being a member. Typical sales scheme. I personally think the gym speaks for itself, why the hassle? From an inside source, I did find out a monthly membership for one person runs about $140 (which I will point out is cheaper than a lot of Crossfits), plus so much more. Each additional family member is about $90 per month. There are also situations where you can come and use the club for the day, such as after having your LifeClinic Chiropractic appointment. Not a bad way to spend time after some healing. I am sure there are more numbers available, but this is what I was told (and I could be some dollars off). If you really are interested just go in and find out (plus you can get a tour)!
Final Review – YES!
When it comes down to it… YES YES YES! If you are near this facility (or any others in the brand), at the very least go check it out. I must admit I am a fitness oriented person (duh). When I left this gym, it set my mood for the whole day. I called my boyfriend excited beyond belief not even knowing what to tell him (ridiculous I know ha). This gym is way more than a gym, it’s a health and fitness RESORT. You literally feel like you are in Palm Springs country club living it up.
So GO BE FIT!
If you wanna hear more about gyms in your area, or other health and fitness information, sign up for the newsletter below!